I Met This Cute Little Guy


Image result for painting abstract figures

So it will start with;
I met this cute little guy.

It was actually an ordinary day. Thursday in the middle of April. I met him in person for the first time. I have no idea how it began, but as short as I recall; we suddenly made an instant connection a moment after he tried to get rid of his awkwardness. Or maybe it was just me thinking that this guy was a decent—and nice person, so I might say, I liked him in every way (this fact, of course, left me by surprise, because his physical appearance was far from my type of a man; but I don’t know, I liked this guy anyway).

He didn’t talk that much, yet was cool enough to throw some jokes. He kept picturing me inside his head; and I could not care less.

I mean, dude, what did you expect from a stranger you just met that day?  

Oh let me introduce myself; I am not that kind of bitch who gets attached too easily. Especially when it comes to men. It took me a decade of struggles with anxiety that I always get so insecure about them. I would not make any first move unless they ask me to. My ex was so good, but this post is obviously talking about another guy. This cute little guy.

I don’t care if he liked me or not, that’s not the point. I just want to thank him for seeing me through different perception. He was one of kind, and a little odd. Bizzare yet beautiful. I asked. He answered. But that answer was leading me to another question. On and on. Until I realized I began to fall for him. My bad, but I could not resist.

Back to the day we met, all we had is coffee talking. How do you do? Why did you leave your house? Don’t your parents get mad if they knew you were here?

It felt natural. We went with the flow. Nothing in particular. We talked about unimportant shit. We laughed at our jokes. I tried to discard all sadness I brought inside and he tried to bend over me and we were sitting so close. But, trust me, I did not feel a thing that day. Some say if you had a little crush on someone, you’d feel a little rush in your heartbeat. But I did not. I just liked the way he stared at people and smiled; because his eyes smiled too.

I have never thought we were gonna walk this far.

I cried when somebody broke my heart. He came to ask if I am okay. This cute little guy—he was playing guitar for me. Wow, it impressed me a bit. He played my favorite song; Shape of My Heart by Sting. I don’t really know what was his intention, I just enjoyed every string he picked. Sweet and gently.

He helped me doing self-healing. He helped me out and I started mending along his presence every single night. We talked for hours, ah nah, for days and nights. We listened to the same songs. He watched the movies i recommended. And i really appreciated how he kept on checking up on me.  I was a madness and his wicked sense of humor sort of matched my soul. Thank you, Bro.

But, still, there was something I kept wondering; why did he bother doing that for me? Why did he care a lot? In a world obsessed with not opening up, people like me are the round pegs in square holes. Once I knew we’ve been getting to know about each other—that we’ve got a lot in commons and oftenly laughed at the exact same jokes, I realized, I have developed feelings for him. He has been good to me. He was an amazing friend to talk about everything with…

Somehow, it was not as simple as it might look like. This cute little guy was living like a maze. Having conversation with him felt more like finding a way out of a labyrinth. You’ll breathe the fresh air, or otherwise, you’ll be trapped forever.

He told me he was a weirdo and I agreed. I couldn’t even figure out; where he actually belongs? 

And It scared me when he admitted that he was not scared of me; he kept on telling me that I was a good person like, boy, how did you know? We just met for the first time, but frankly, he sounded like he knew every little thing about me.

And by the time he telling me that, I knew, I was fucked up. [ ]

You Might Also Like

0 komentar